The organizer NetAcademia Training Center was expecting IT security managers and auditors for the event held in Cinema City Aréna. Two experts gave presentations on behalf of the Theodore Puskas Foundation, representing the National Cyber Security Center.
As in the previous years, the aim of the event was to provide a good overview of the current IT
security issues through practical approach.
To summarize, the Ethical Hacking conference 2010 was a success, with equal interest foming from
professionals, average users, and the media. Themes at the conference were:
- serious aftermath of minor bugs on vulnerable websites (BalaBit),
- live intrusion testing with fuzzy vulnerability search,
- password manipulation possibilities of new generation rootkits (Deloitte),
- information warfare and the need of ethical hackers in the army (ZMNE),
- attacks against wireless networks,
- security aspects of ASP.NET (BME, Microsoft),
- theory and practical demonstration of Egg Hunter technique (CERT-Hungary),
- Patch-based vulnerability analysis (SilentSignal)